The dangerous gas includes combustible gas such as methane, ethylene, hydrogen, natural gas, LPG etc. and toxic gas such as CO, H2S, H2 etc. The dangerous gas is easy produced at industry fields such as chemical factory, oil field and may lead to explosion.
Dangerous gas leakage alarm device is needed to monitor and notify people of the dangers and automatically shut off gas or drive electric fan etc. The gas leakage alarm device should be installed correctly for its proper work. Below we will make notes of the alarm device installation.
- The alarm device can not be installed at place with strong magnetic such as high power electric engine, transformer around. It can not be installed at places where corrosive gases are present.
- The alarm device is instrument for safety with sound and light display, it should be installed at places where people can easy see and hear then eliminate the dangers in time.
- There is platinum, palladium and other rare metals on the surface of alarm device probe, it should be taken care of and avoid breaking the probe when installing the alarm device.
- The installation position of the indoor probe is different according to the density of the detected gas. When the detected gas density is less than the air density, the probe should be installed 30cm from the roof and downward. On the contrary, the probe should be installed from the ground 30cm and upward.
- When the probe is installed outdoor, the installation position is confirmed according to detected gas density same as indoor installation. But be noted the probe should be installed on the downwind side.
- Protective casing is needed for alarm circuit connection cable. It is best to add metal hose to the probe wiring. The probe should be with the same level of explosion-proof with the factory.
- Do not test the detector with high purity gas.
- After installation and test, be sure to install breathable waterproof cover to protect the probe from water. Industry gas leakage alarm device is high accuracy explosion-proof instrument. It always work with fire alarm control panel or other security system to respond to gas leakage and prevent disaster.